Thursday 11 September 2008

AT3 Mir design: what would work?

So obviously I've been spending a lot of time contemplating the whole idea of Speculative AT3 Mir As Ultimate Force For Good. And even if it does end up happening in AT3, I can't wait for that. I'm having enough trouble waiting for AT2 as it is. ;) So I'd like to try and design an image of what such a future Mir might look like, as well as maybe some hymns, if I can get enough of a handle on Hymmnos to not have to be running to the people on the forums all the time. ;)

The problem is, I'm really bad at costume design. =P I had some vague thoughts at first that something like SERAPH or KASHA might work for the image I had in mind, but since I'm specifically going for an image of Mir-as-redemptive-force, I think KASHA is too dark and gothic, and SERAPH... well, it's already been done. I want this costume to be unique.

Also, I'm not sure that armour, per se, is the way to go on this one. The point of future!redemptive!Mir is that she's someone who recognises that the only way to bring about goodness is to act with goodness; that there are no such things as holy wars, that there's no such concept as "fighting for what is right", that kindness is won into the world through kind acts and goodness through good acts and love through loving acts. So instead of a bulky, defensive costume, perhaps something much less harsh-looking is in order, something that symbolises her openness. Maybe elaborate robes, to emphasise a holy bearing and at the same time a reluctance to engage in physical combat?

But as I said, I'm really bad with this sort of thing. So if Mir came back in AT3 as Epic Force For Good, what kind of costume do you think would work? If I get some good ideas, I might try drawing it, or getting a commission someplace (the latter possibly because I can't do really epic, dramatic backgrounds or anything, and to get this done in full anime style looking really uber would... well, it would be uber).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It almost sounds like you want something like this.

Ayulsa said...

Ooo, I never thought of that. The seer-robe idea makes a lot of sense in terms of the feel I'm going for here. (And also rules out my drawing it, because I can't draw the flow of fabrics to save my life, and so anything that relies mostly on that is just going to look really bad if I try. XD)