Saturday 20 December 2008

Reyvateilian hair accessories!

So today I made a really neat little accessory for my Mir avatar in SL: a tiny set of organ pipes with a ribbon attached. Sadly, I couldn't find an existing ribbon that had full permissions, and I didn't think I was up to crafting my own, so this item is no-copy for now-- meaning I can't sell or give them away. I will hopefully soon have an appropriately-permissioned tiny ribbon, though, so these should go live soon-- with a larger range of instruments, assuming I'm up to crafting them. Pipes are pretty easy. XD

The neatest thing about this little charm? If you click on it, it plays a sound clip. Currently a ten-second clip from Harmonious Fusion, as that's what I had uploaded to that account to test with, but I'll look up some actual organ clips soon.

See the pics here.

(Also, the, uh, giant pixellated pointer is just something she happens to have attached to her head. It's not meant to be pointing at the pipes, though its position was coincidental and amusing enough that I left it in the photographs.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Squeeeee!! Must... Have....! *flops to the ground weakly from kawaii*

*sings the cutest song she can think of to spend the residual energy and breathe normally again*

If... available... would so... wear it! *flops to the ground again*

Anonymous said...

It looks kind of like panpipes to me. `.`

I like that. It's a cute hair decoration, but if you want to play music, you just take it off and you're ready to go!

Ayulsa said...

I'll so work at having a variant available that people can actually own at some point soon. Looking at the ribbon in retrospect, it's not really that tricky, so....

And I guess it could work as either, though pan pipes are more often wooden....

Anonymous said...

Pan pipes might not be the right term, it's just the only thing I could find on wikipedia that seemed like this sort of thing. `.`

(Actually, I was mostly put in mind of the pipes Mennoly made in Dragonsong... but I think I've read about similar designs made of metal.)